Saturday, December 07, 2013

AppleTV issue: Unable to login to iCloud as I can´t pass the iCloud Terms of Use

For my birthday my friends got me an Apple TV. Today I was making a new trailer for my youtube channel:

and I saw an interesting new function that comes with iMovie and the AppleTV update - the iMovie theater. When you finish editing your video, you can share to iCloud and it will automatically appear under this icon in AppleTV. You don't need to have a computer or iPad to see it, just press the icon and it streams automatically!

However, when logging on to iCloud on the AppleTV, after entering the login and password for the service, the terms of use screen would appear but as much as I would press accept it would repeat the screen.
The solution is simple:
1) Go to settings

2) Go to General


3) Go to Region format

4) Change from United States to your iCloud region

5) Try again to login into iCloud and accept the terms & conditions

Should work now!

2 comments :

  1. Brilliant! This resolves my issue as well. Someone needs to tell apple to have this as a prompt in apple TV.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete