Saturday, October 26, 2013

#Mavericks & iTunes error

After reinstalling Mavericks, I tried synchronising iTunes (after copying back my library from the previous installation) and my iPhone. I got the following error message “The iPhone “xxx" could not be synced because this computer is no longer authorized for purchasing items that are on this iPhone."
Mavericks iTunes error
I believe it´s because me and my wife both used the phone, so we had a mix of apps she purchased under her ID and some I purchased under mine. One app is not allowing us to sync
The solution is:
1)on the  iPhone go to Settings->Store. If the following screen appears you are signed in. Press your AppleID and sign out.
iPhone settings

You should now have this screen. If you already did, do nothing
iPhone settings
2) On iTunes go to Store -> deauthorize this computer. Enter login and password
3) On iTunes go to the iPhone -> Apps. Remove all apps (don´t worry, you will reinstall them)
4) On iTunes, press sync
5) On iTunes go to Store -> Authorize this computer. Enter login and password
6) On iTunes go to the iPhone -> Apps. Reinstall apps.

No comments :

Post a Comment